Tuesday 19 January 2010

I'm gonna do it

I have decided to learn ballet, I thought to myself

'I'm not old , god I'm eighteen years old'

So there's still time , I'am in the best physical condition there is. So, I have been looking and phoning at least eight schools and they either only do kids or just far. But, there's one quite near to where I live so got to talk over with my father.

But, god I'am excited . I guess in my head I got three years to learn before I turn 21 .

I know this is not a phase , its a desire to learn to move.

Here's the details from there website:

Evgeny Goremykin benefitted from the training he received at the Bolshoi Ballet School. He is driven by a desire to pass on the knowledge and training that he received to the next generation. Russian Ballet produces technically strong dancers and there is a good reason for this. They are the product of a system based on three hundred years of knowledge. A system that relies on teachers in every school and theatre who performed in major roles and pass on the knowledge that they acquired to the next generation. The respect for this knowledge and experience has preserved the system that lies at the core of Russian ballet and gives it the look and power so often associated with it. It is this system that is so treasured by Evgeny, it is what he wishes to share with others.

We offer classes for all ages and abilities. These classes are under the direction of Evgeny Goremykin, a former Principal of the Bolshoi Ballet and Director of the School.

All forms of activity are important for us but ballet offers the rare combination of the mind and body working together. It is total relaxation because concentration is required, it is also an endless process which is why it is continuously rewarding. The physical benefits in terms of posture and flexibility are obvious but the additional benefits from the sense of well being, moving to music and challenging oneself cannot be underestimated.


1 comment:

Babydoll said...

Cool blog hook me up;)

Post a Comment