Saturday 2 January 2010

Doing instead of planning and fat girl mentality

When I plan things I usually almost do what I plan but I always end up changing the plan a little or end up doing something completely different. Therefore, I do and not plan .

I will write the things I will do.

Well this morning woke up later than usually , normally I wake up at 8:20am but today woke up at 9:20am so I had breakfast later. Well, while I prepared breakfast my mother being at work (thank god for that). My beloved father was having a crisis of body image, where he was like 'I'm getting skinny again , my chest has gone down'

In my family we are all plagued by body dismorphia , including me. So, I'm there telling him he looks fine and that his been on and off again going to the gym the last two weeks since of the holiday season. My father tells us all then at the table 'Oh, I'm going to the gym then for an hour' , when he says this it sets of my own anxiety about my body and how I wanna go the gym.

But, I compensated by doing ten minutes of skipping and ten minutes of weights. So, that lowered my anxiety a lot but I guess I have this irrational belief if I'm not constantly active , I will balloon up again. I guess when losing weight , you gonna have to lose the weight in your mind as well. I think for all people actively losing weight they should have counselling as well since they need learn how to cope with there new body and learn the reason why they let themselves get to that size. Since , you lose the weight but you'll still have the fat girl mentality and you still do the same things to hide your self since you think there are still fat bits to hide.

Through my own personally experience with weight loss , I known how hard it is to get used to having a new body. Since some days in my mind I still think I'm 30lbs overweight , I'm like there carrying that weight mentally , it hinders you emotional since it stops you from moving forward.

2 comments:

Freya Fox said...

Very good, it takes a while to see the right picture in the mirror. Well done on the weight loss.

Tina said...

Well done and very true. The change has to happen in the head first!

Post a Comment